iTrax-Sprint AIX Records Sampler
A collection of some of AIX Records’ best recordings.
In the summer of 2014, I received an email from the CEO of Sprint (he’s now the former CEO). It turned out that he’s a fellow music fan and lifelong audiophile…AND a reader of my RealHD-Audio blog!. He kindly sent me one of the new Harman Kardon Edition HTC One M8 Smartphones to check out. He introduced me to some of the development and web people at Sprint, which resulted in a ground breaking collaboration between iTrax and Sprint. Our collaboration resulted in the iTrax-Sprint Ultra HD-Audio Sampler!
The iTrax-Sprint Ultra HD-Audio Sampler consists of 18 full length, stereo 96 kHz/24-bit tracks selected from the AIX Records catalog. I selected some of my favorite tracks by some of my favorite musicians including “Let Them In” by John Gorka (the emotional sentiment and heartfelt nature of this very sad song touches everyone), “Strawberry Fields Forever” by Laurence Juber, “Lowlands” by Jamie Hanna and Jonathan McEuen and “Mujaka” by The Latin Jazz Trio (the percussion in this track is to die for). These are tracks that can legitimately be called “Ultra HD-Audio” not only because of the specs (they were all recorded at 96 kHz/24-bit PCM) but because of the unique engineering methods I’ve developed over the past 40 years.We use no artificial reverberation, no equalization, and only natural dynamics are just a few of the important differences you’ll hear in all of these tracks.
Figure 1 – A sample page from the pdf booklet that accompanies the sampler.
Here’s the full track list (almost 90 minutes of music):
1. Laurence Juber – Strawberry Fields Forever (from Guitar Noir – AIX 80018)
2. The Banda Brothers – Primavera (from Primavera AIX 85050)
3. Carl Verheyen – Lone Star (from Rumor Mill AIX 83039)
4. John Gorka – Let Them In (from The Gypsy Life AIX 85043)
5. Ernest Ranglin – My Boy Lollipop (from Order of Distinction AIX 85047)
6. Zephyr – Now Is The Month Of Maying (from Voices Unbound AIX 80012)
7. Lowen & Navarro – Cold Outside (from Carry On Together)
8. Jamie Hanna & Jonathan McEuen – Lowlands (from Tried & True)
9. Albert Lee – Luxury Liner (from Tearing It Up AIX 85054 )
10. Willie Nelson & Paul Williams – Rainbow Connection (from I’m Going Back There Someday AIX 85043)
11. Jonathan McEuen – Prayer For You (from One Step Ahead AIX 80029)
12. Steve March Tormé – On the Street Where You Live (from Tormé Sings Tormé AIX 83042)
13. James Walker and Free Flight – Libido (from Threads AIX 86063)
14. The Latin Jazz Trio – Mujaka (from The Latin Jazz Trio AIX 80011)
15. The Old City String Quartet – Mozart Clarinet Quintet K. 581 – Movt 1 (from Mozart – Clarinet Quintet K. 581, Horn Quintet K. 407 & String Quartet K. 169 – The Old City String Quartet)
16. Bryan Pezzone – Berceuse (from Piano Pieces from Mozart, Schubert, Elgar and Pezzone AIX 86064)
17. G. Enescu Philharmonic Orchestra – Brandenburg Concerto No. 3 Mvt I. Allegro (from Bach Brandenburg Concerto No. 3 and No. 5 / Air on the G String 1338AX)
18. G. Enescu Philharmonic Orchestra – Pavanne for a Dead Princess (from Mixtures I: A Classical Surround Sampler – Various Artists AIX 81007)
And the best part is that the cost for this iTrax-Sprint download is only $10.99. That’s $.61 per track…less than the low resolution tracks on iTunes and way less than the $5 per track from some other high-end download sites. And these recordings are real high-resolution…no analog tapes transferred to DSD or standard resolution masters upconverted to 96 kHz/24-bits. You can’t hear the difference unless you actually have recordings that are done using state-of-the-art equipment AND a purist approach to production.
Figure 2 – The Ultra HD-Audio Logo indicates that the contents are bona fide high-resolution tracks from inception to delivery.
This sampler demonstrates the highest potential of audiophile recording. The files are available in either FLAC or WAV format.
Thanks to Sprint and all of you for your continuing support.
- Laurence Juber – Strawberry Fields Forever –
- The Banda Brothers – Primavera –
- Carl Verheyen – Lone Star –
- John Gorka – Let Them In –
- Ernest Ranglin – My Boy Lollipop –
- Zephyr – Now Is The Month Of Maying –
- Lowen & Navarro – Cold Outside –
- Jamie Hanna & Jonathan McEuen – Lowlands –
- Albert Lee – Luxury Liner –
- Willie Nelson & Paul Williams – Rainbow Connection –
- Hanna – McEuen – Prayer For You –
- Steve March Torme – On the Street Where You Live –
- James Walker and Free Flight – Libido –
- The Latin Jazz Trio – Mujaka –
- The Old City String Quartet – Mozart Clarinet Quintet K. 581 – Mvt 1 –
- Bryan Pezzone – Berceuse –
- G. Enescu Philharmonic Orchestra – Bach – Brandenburg Concerto No. 3 Mvt I. Allegro –
- G. Enescu Philharmonic Orchestra – Ravel – Pavanne for a Dead Princess –